Saturday, January 29, 2011

dynamics are changing




So I Quit being the Team manager for the university rugby team. There were many extenuating circumstances.This is my first Saturday that I am away yet Im around. It feels sought of odd. I can hear the game go on from my room. That feeling of not being compelled to go, is still too new to me. Well, being the beautiful Saturday it is, I wud have, like most other beautiful Saturdays, been hanging my boyfriend. But unfortunately, well thats for me, for him it’s more like fortunately, he is in Lenana High School for their annual tournament, he recently became a basketball referee. So far I’v done two tag alongs. The first was for the referee’s clinic. The second was for the Upper hill School ‘Slam Jam’. I spent most of it watching the referee’s working. I got pretty nasty sunburns from that one day of attendance. I wanted to feel sad for myself, coz, as is the common happening with tag alongs, I spent most of that day alone. However i made friends, ofcourse. So that didn’t go too badly.
But now sitting here in my room. Im somewhat in between. I don’t know how exactly to put it. But my boyfriend who I spend most of my time with, is now officially busy. I know I cant play tag along with every gig. I don’t know whether or not to venture into the same field, which I think I wouldn’t do too badly in. or get a life so to speak. I fear I might get alittle too boring for him. I was looking at our relationship and the way he defined the roles as one partner takes the role of the reacher while the other is the settler. I used to be comfortable in that I knew I was the settler. But as time passes, and he takes up more and more  activities, whereas Im dropping them, I feel the dynamics of this relationship are seriously changing.
I don’t know where exactly all this heading. I don’t know what storms we are going to encounter as we go along. I don’t know what else will change other than the dynamics of us. Maybe those dynamics will change us as well.
I can not tell. Be that as it may, I hope we will weather it all. Coz Im pretty certain this he is the one that I want to end up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment